Track and Field is an inclusive, non-cut sport. There are no tryouts – there is a spot for you on the team.
How do I join?
- Complete your Athletic Clearance through the school at this link here – you cannot practice or participate until you complete your athletic clearance.
- Join the team Remind for updates
- Text “@acalanestf” to 81010 if you are a student, or “@acatparent” if you are a parent
- Show up to practice on February 7th!
What do I need to participate?
- A completed athletic clearance, a good pair of running shoes, a water bottle, and sweatpants
I feel out of shape – is there anything I can do to get ready?
- Yes! Preseason conditioning is after school Monday through Thursday, 3:30-5pm on the track – all are welcome!
Can I do more than one event?
- Yes! Talk to your coaches and we will help you figure out to train for all the events you want to compete in
What events are there?
- Sprints – the 100m, 200m, and 400m (one lap)
- Jumps – High Jump, Long Jump, and Triple Jump
- Hurdles – 100m/110m and the 300m Hurdles
- Distance – the 800m (half-mile), 1600m (1 mile), and 3200 (2 mile)
- Throws – Discus and Shotput
- The Polevault
What if I’m playing a Winter Sport?
- Go play your Winter Sport and come out to practice as soon as it’s over!