On Saturday, our boy’s and girl’s track teams concluded their seasons by hosting the 51st edition of the Bob Warren-Charlie Eaton relays. Over 300 athletes from 13 different schools competed. This event was a huge moment for our student athletes, as it takes the place of what would traditionally be a league championship, and our kids put down some amazing results.
The story of the meet was our Boys Distance Medley Relay (Dominic Basaldua – 12, Tyler Hunt – 10, Sam Roth – 12, and Bennett Dodge – 10, pictured above) which shattered a 40 year old school record. For those of you who don’t know, the DMR consists of 4 runners running 3 laps, 1 lap, 2 laps, and 4 laps in order. The previous record, set in 1981, was 10:36 – our boys put down a time of 10:30.2.
Some other highlights
- Portia Seymour and Luca Mathias win the F/S boys and girls 300 Hurdles
- Marshall Lockwood win and Liam Hill win the Varsity and F/S boys high jump, respectively
- Portia Seymour wins the F/S girls High Jump
- Carly Harriman wins the F/S girls Long Jump
- Sam Roth, Tyler Hunt, Dominic Basaldua, and Loic Windfuhr Durand win the Varsity boys 4×800
- Lauren Yee, Megan Yee, Nicole Frigon, and Olivia Williams win the Varsity girls DMR AND 4×800
- Bennett Dodge, Paul Kuhner, Liam Hill, and Tyler Hunt win the F/S Boys 4×400
The track season officially concludes as Sam Roth and Lauren Yee compete at Arcadia Invitational next weekend.