This past Wednesday, March 4th, we hosted Clayton Valley Charter for our first home Diablo Athletic League (DAL) dual meet. Due to some major unforeseen issues with the timer we hired, the meet ran exceptionally long and there are still a lot of corrections to be made with the results. Huge thank you to everyone who volunteered and participated!
As it stands now, our boys team cruised to a 78-57 victory and the score on the Girls side is still being verified. On the girls side, despite incredibly valiant efforts from Caroline Crossland and Nicole Frigon, who hopped in the 3200 late in the meet in an effort to swing the score, we fell 63-59 – a heartbreaking loss that could have been swung by only one event. Big shoutout to Nicole for rallying her teammates and also running an outstanding leg in the 4×400 relay only 15 minutes after competing in the 3200m.
Next week, we start a 2 week road trip at Las Lomas for DAL #2!
Full results are here, highlights below. There were a lot of great performances – so many that we have had to split hurdles and sprints into separate categories for the first time!
- Portia Seymour and Gema Villafan-Perez both PR in the High Jump – Portia also wins the Triple Jump and currently ranks as the DAL #2 in High Jump
- Owen McNamara polevaults to a DAL leading 13’10”
- Scarlette McCullough returns to the pole vault, also posting a DAL leading mark
- Marcela Wiznewska leads a squadron of her teammates to PRs in the Long Jump with a jump of 13’-10”
- Devin Miniello PRs with a jump of 17’-5” in the Long Jump as well
- Josh Ramlan hits 3 digits with a throw of 108’-5” in the discus – a PR of nearly 10 feet!
- Ben Thistleton-Dyer and Brooke Blacklidge PR in both Shot and Disc
- Led by Dane Jenssen, our varsity boys sweep the 100 meter dash
- Freshman Eli Brent posts a huge PR of 11.53 (and DAL #4) in the 100
- Freshmen Sarah Gohres and Rachel Pan PR and take 3rd in the Frosh-Soph Girls 100 and 200 respectively, leading all of their teammates to PRs- both run impressive relay legs in the 4×100 and 4×400 as well
- In the 400, freshmen Jasmine Lattimer and Laura Selle both PR
- Freshman Bennett Dodge posts an impressive 52.52 in the Varsity Boys 400m
- Senior Emily Sverak wins the 300m Hurdles with a DAL #1 time
- The 3 sophomores Marshall Lockwood, Evan Malmquist, and Connor Spellman PR sweep the Varsity Boys 110 Meter Hurdles
- Sophomore Josh Gohres leads a trio of Frosh-Soph Boys 300m hurdlers
- Finally, senior Kevin Mlynek PRs in the Boys 300m hurdles with a time of 41.53 – a DAL #1 mark and a #7 Acalanes all time mark
- Freshman Taylor Carlin debuts with an impressive time of 6:05 in the 1600
- On the Boys side, freshman Dominic Sarica turns heads in his 3200 debut
- Junior Megan Baginski PRs in the 1600
- Dominic Basaldua and Tyler Hunt take 1st and 2nd in the Boys 800 – both PR!
- Lauren Yee and Nicole Frigon cruise to easy victories in the Girls 800 AND the girls 1600!
- Andrew Owens breaks the 5 minute barrier in the boys 1600
- Rayce Walton anchors the Boys 4×400 with a huge PR
- Freshman Carly Harriman runs a great leg on the Varsity Girls 4×400, giving our team a chance
- Lauren Yee leaves it all on the track and nearly snags the win for our Girls team – she also splits an impressive 61 seconds